Senior Applications Specialist
100% Remote (subject to change- hybrid) – candidate must be local (Chicago, Illinois 60603)
**W2 rates ONLY - MUST be eligible for hire without sponsorship*
Our client, a Chicago based growing Law firm is looking to hire a full time Senior Applications Specialist. This role is up to 5 days per week remote, but candidate must be local to Chicago. This is fulltime, direct hire role.
The Senior Applications Specialist is responsible for supporting the Firm’s core IT systems such as Office 365, conference room management, workflows, document processing and non-standard desktop applications. They will be working with other IT Teams, this position reviews, analyzes, tests, implements, upgrades and provides ongoing support for technical processes and products which support the business owners’ existing and new initiatives. This position is responsible for end-to-end implementation administration and support, including but not limited to the backend server configuration and the desktop components, of on premise and cloud-based enterprise systems
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research new applications and/or application features both independently and by management request. Formulate recommendations and implementation plans. These recommendations require analysis of the overall solution both from a backend and front-end perspective.
- In conjunction with other technology teams, establish and maintain appropriate test environments and define application test plans which identify which team is responsible for each level of testing.
- Evaluate, test and integrate new software and upgrades to existing software. This will also entail configuring the server and storage environment associated with the software as well as identifying web server requirements.
- Perform all web server installations and configurations for third party business applications.
- Define packaging requirements and prepare applications for installation into the production environment using Firm standard tools and methodologies.
- Resolve end user issues as escalated by the Service Desk, including working with software and hardware vendors’ technical support to resolve complex problems.
- Develop and maintain application documentation, including, but not limited to, Software & Hardware Configuration Guides, Application Design Guides, Frequently Asked Questions list, Knowledge Base articles; provide consultation to the training team on associated end-user documentation.
- Using a variety of means, maintain a high level of current awareness of new technologies and technology trends with assigned applications and areas of discipline.
- Provide After Hours on Call Support. Work as needed during monthly maintenance window.
- May be required to perform other duties or special projects as required.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- A minimum of seven years’ experience supporting Windows Server versions. (2012/2016/2019).
- A minimum of five years’ experience supporting, implementing and/or configuring:
- Desktop applications.
- Desktop application integration procedures and tools.
- Web server installations (IIS, Tomcat, etc – various versions);
- Third party web based applications.
- Third party applications to use with active directory authentication; and/or
- Web communication protocols and firewall rules, Microsoft Group Policies, and load balancer configurations.
- Previous experience in software evaluation, integration, and testing.
- Previous experience in software evaluation, integration, testing and distribution.
- Previous experience breaking down business processes into technology requirements.
- Knowledge of Windows Server 2008/2008 R2/2012 including IIS.
- Ability to write basic to moderate SQL scripts.