Our client in Malvern, PA is seeking a Senior Ruby on Rails Developer to join the team. This role is hybrid position and direct hire. Candidates must be local and willing to be onsite 2 days a week.
The Lead Software Engineer will be responsible for the technical innovation and leadership of a platform.
- Completely own the technical delivery of the application stack. In doing this, the Lead Engineer will be required to translate complex functional specifications to detail technical designs regarding Test Case, Security, Testing Automation, User Interfaces (UI), application functionality, middleware technologies, API, deployment artifacts, artifact packaging, and application monitoring automation, logging, and performance metrics
- Serve as the strategist who researches technologies and frameworks, and creates reference implementations for the team members to follow
- Lead sprint planning meetings, author specific stories, plan and lead spikes to ensure that the team understands their objectives and has committed to completing their work on an agreed-upon timeline
- Own the development environment, development tooling strategy and toolchains for effective and efficient delivery of software in support of the chosen methodologies.
- Create detailed design, perform pull request reviews, and mentor the team on coding best practices
- Adopt a product mentality and define goals, consider trade-offs, prioritize, drive decisions, and execute on them
- Servant leader to the team, actively working towards team goals and success
Required Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrated affinity for continuous learning specifically in the technology domain and how to leverage it for building great reliable products
- Bachelor’ Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent related technical field
- At least 5-10+ years’ experience building, leading, managing and supporting omnichannel platforms
- Experience leading development team, building roadmaps, and adopting principles and standards in the design, development, and delivery of solutions
- Experience with DevOps and working with Infrastructure as Code environments
- Proficient in Databases like Mongo, Postgres, etc.
- Proficient in concepts around RESTful API services and Interfaces
- Experience with endpoint protocols and security components (SFTP/FTP, File, OAuth1 and OAuth2, OIDC, TLS, SSH, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience with either Test Driven development or Behavior Driven development with a clear understanding of the tool stack. Expertise in unit test, building Integration, smoke and regression testing suite, code coverage process, and pipeline setup
- Experience using a project management/ticketing tool such as JIRA
- Experience building cloud native applications on any one cloud preferably AWS, asynchronous communications patterns such as via RabbitMQ/Kafka or other methods, caching via Redis, and AWS deployments and services
- Service oriented leader who possesses a true 24×7 support and service mentality
- The ability to build relationships with stakeholders, help others grow in their careers, and create inclusive environments