Our retail client is seeking a IT Project Manager to join the team. This role is 100% remote and candidates can be based anywhere in the US. Candidates must be able to travel once a month or quarterly. This is a contract only role.
As an experienced IT Project Manager , you demonstrate a strong sense of accountability, and you will drive results, working collaboratively with IT and business partners. You will be apart of launching a new company location that involves a lot of discovery, prepping, and planning.
- Apply PMI Project Management concepts across the full Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) including applications, infrastructure, and data
- Produce and manage the project schedule incorporating a Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)
- Manage Risks and Resolve Issues
- Work from conceptual guidance rather than prescriptive direction
- Lead project team members through ambiguity to clarity
- Facilitate Project Collaboration
Required Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of Project Management experience , preferably involved in Supply Chain projects
- Must have a strong background in applying PM concepts across the full SDLC
- Experience working in a waterfall and agile environment
- Prior experience managing project tasks and scheduling meetings
- Strong communication skills and experience presenting to executive leadership teams
- Experience with PPM tools such as Smartsheet are a plus
- Must write project plans and give updates
- Strong facilitator
- Ability to think and respond in an agile manner
- Ability to drive input to an actionable level of detail, capture in artifacts, and generate alignment.
- A willingness to step out as a thought leader / thought champion when not necessarily the most knowledgeable one in the room