Software Developer- Python and Big Data opportunity!!
A trading and technology firm is seeking a Software Developer with Python and Big Data experience to join the team. Candidates must be local in Lower Merion Township or willing to relocate to the area. This role requires a hybrid schedule of 3 days a week onsite. Free lunch and breakfast options are provided!
As a member of the compliance technology team, you will develop surveillance, monitoring and reporting tools for the compliance business community. This team is responsible for designing and developing tools for the oversight of the organizations trading activities across all products, including options, equities, futures, fixed income, crypto currencies and many others.
- Design and build new tools as well as enhancements to existing our surveillance and monitoring tools for the compliance business community
- Develop solutions using Python, Hadoop, Spark, and HIVE/SQL
- Work on projects that require deep knowledge of Python and Spark and the ability to deliver custom solutions to big data in a performant manner
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Technology, Mathematics or related discipline or its foreign equivalent. Relevant experience can be substituted for education.
- At least (6) years of progressive experience developing software applications using an object oriented language.
- Strong object-oriented design and implementation experience coupled with big data experience. Must have experience working with large data sets.
- At least three (3) years of recent hands-on experience Python and Spark technologies
- Experience with Hadoop. Will be apart of a migration from Hadoop.
- Experience with HIVE/SQL is required. Must have experience working with Data Warehouses.
- Willingness and ability to work in all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle
- A collaborative, team-oriented approach and an analytical mindset
- Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure in a fast-paced team environment
- Strong communication skills across multiple disciplines including technology, support and business teams
- Financial services or market knowledge is a plus