Hybrid – 3 days per week - Montvale, NJ 07645
Overview: As a Print Production Instructor, your primary role involves instructing and training individuals in the field of print production. Your focus will be on providing technical knowledge and honing skills related to diverse aspects of print production, encompassing pre-press processes, printing techniques, equipment operation, quality control, and post-production procedures. Your contributions are vital in shaping the skills and proficiencies of students, preparing them to excel in supporting their customers within the print industry.
- Create and deliver effective technical instructional materials and lessons covering print production techniques and processes.
- Educate students on the operation and maintenance of print production equipment, such as printers, digital presses, and bindery machines.
- Guide students through pre-press activities, including file preparation, color management, and proofing.
- Showcase various printing methods, such as offset printing, screen printing, and digital printing, to students.
- Train students in post-production tasks, including finishing, binding, and packaging.
- Facilitate hands-on training for students, providing opportunities to practice their skills in a controlled learning environment.
- Evaluate student performance through examinations, assignments, and practical assessments.
- Recognize individual learning needs and adjust teaching methods accordingly.
- Stay current with advancements in print production technology and industry trends.
- Collaborate with fellow instructors and staff members to enhance and develop the curriculum.
- Offer guidance and support to students, including career advice and assistance in developing job search skills.
- Maintain a safe and well-organized learning environment, ensuring adherence to safety regulations.
- Bachelor's degree or its equivalent in print production, graphic arts, or a related field.
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in print production processes, covering pre-press, printing, and post-production.
- Profound knowledge of printing equipment and software, such as Adobe Creative Suite and RIP software.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, effectively conveying complex concepts in a clear and concise manner.
- Patience and enthusiasm for teaching and mentoring students from diverse backgrounds and skill levels.
- Ability to cultivate a positive and inclusive learning environment.
- Strong organizational and time management abilities.
- Keen attention to detail and a commitment to quality.
- Flexibility in adapting to evolving technologies and industry practices.
- 7+ years of experience in teaching or training within the print production field
- Must have FUJI Revoria Press PC1120
- High-Resolution Digital Toner Press experience
- OR similar Xerox products like XEROX IRIDESSE PRODUCTION PRESS OR Fuji Versant 180i Press OR Fuji Revoria Press E1136, E1125, E1110, E1100, Revoria Press EC1100, REvoria Press SC180/ SC170
- HIGHLY Prefer Train-The-Trainer Certification
- Must have Classroom training experience and online courses