Our client, a mortgage technology company, is seeking a Senior Principal Data Engineer to join their team! This is a Contract to Hire opportunity!!
This role is a HYBRID ONSITE Role with 2 days a week onsite required. This position does not offer sponsorship.
The Sr. Principal Data Architect position plays a key role in providing key architectural, data process and integration support and contributions as part of the Enterprise Data Architecture team. This position needs to foster innovative thinking and a very high focus on quality and timeliness of deliverables working closely with Data Services portfolio, delivery managers as well as Business partners. This position will serve as a key liaison between Business stakeholders and IT; working closely with business groups to understand their needs and define system requirements through fact finding and research. This position will lead processes that cover requirements gathering, systems analysis and cost/benefits analysis to align data architecture and solutions with Business initiatives. This position is critical to driving the strategic value of data infrastructure.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Be able to architect, design and develop data models (actual models, DDLs and as required be able to create physical structures of those models).
- Have a hands-on approach to solving problems; when required, be able to lead-by-example-type of person in developing snippets of the SQLs, any code references that team can use and follow.
- Have deep knowledge of data architectures, ODS, Data warehouse and methodologies.
- Good working knowledge of data models and be able to use any industry leading data modeling tools to create data models and update them as needed.
- Maps the systems and interfaces used to manage data sets, set standards for data management
- Analyzes current state and conceives desired future state; and conceives projects needed to close the gap between current and future goals with new data technologies and industry trends.
- Ability to astutely operate in the organization, and being able to emphasize methodology, modelling and governance.
- Ability to work closely with the users, systems designers and the developers on a project both in Agile & SDLC methodology
- Need to be able to have an end-to-end vision, and to see how a logical design will translate into one or more physical databases, and how the data will flow through the successive stages involved.
- The data architect will need to be able to address issues of data migration (validation, clean-up and mapping), and understanding the importance of data dictionaries
- Coordinate with Business partners, Technical Analysts and Developers to identify and define specifications, indicate areas of system impact and continuously communicate project status and needs.
- Manages change control processes, and ensures program/project communications.
- Negotiates project plans, time frames, and trade-off with Business partners, and apprises management of impact to project.
- Strong leadership, communications and presentation skills with the ability to clearly communicate status to senior management team.
- Mentor, provide guidance, advice, and support to team members.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- 12+ years of experience as a data architect, developer, data warehouse developer and / or data related operations.
- Graduation from a 4-year college or university with major course work in a discipline related to the requirements of the position is preferred. Will consider the equivalent combination of job experience & education that demonstrates the ability to perform the essential functions of this job. High school diploma or state accepted equivalency required.
- 5+ years of industry experience working with Big Data Platforms architecture, scalability and performance.
- 5+ progressive years of experience with design/architecture for transformations and modernizations of enterprise data & storage solutions using Azure cloud technologies.
- Deep expertise in real-time and batch data processing at large scale
- Experience with Databricks design, development, administration, implementations, and operations.
- Experience with data movement and transformation capabilities (Azure Data Factory, Data Lake Analytics, Databricks, Stream Analytics, and Azure Functions).
- Strong development background creating data pipelines and complex data transformations using one of the languages like Python, Databricks/Spark, T-SQL.
- 5+ progressive years of experience in Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence technologies including data modeling techniques (Logical & Physical)
- Experience with visualization tools such as SSRS, Tableau, Microsoft Power BI.
- Demonstrated experience in creating Data Governance strategies including MDM and Data Quality tools & processes.
- Well versed in SDLC, DevOps, and CI/CD deployment pipelines
- Strong track record of interviewing business partners, setting and managing expectations in relation to deliverables and requirements.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to establish deep understanding of clients' business issues.
- Mortgage and/or financial industry knowledge is strongly preferred.