Our client, a mortgage technology company, is seeking a .Senior Data Engineer to join their team! This is a Contract to Hire opportunity!!
This role is a HYBRID ONSITE Role with 2 days a week onsite required. This position does not offer sponsorship.
The Senior Data Engineer is responsible for designing and developing data repositories for enterprise business operations to be used for providing business reporting and analysis. The Senior Data Services Engineer will support the analytics team by providing accurate, timely and relevant data to meet their diverse requirements. The Senior Data Services Engineer will also work closely with internal teams to support and build business insight tools.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Designs data architectures and builds relational/dimensional databases and establish methods to improve functional reporting data content and completeness of data.
- Design and develop robust, re-usable and scalable data driven solutions and data pipeline frameworks to automate the ingestion, processing and delivery of both structured and unstructured batch and real-time streaming.
- Provide technical skills in designing and developing BI/Data projects in the areas of optimal design patterns, models, standards and code to ensure consistency and realize benefits of a high-performing, secure, reliable and scalable architecture
- Collaborate with IT architecture/data team/ data scientists to develop a practical end state and reference architectures for BI/Data with considerations for distributed data, in-memory computing, cloud computing, visualization tools/platforms
- Provide technical leadership in areas such as master data management and reference data management to reduce duplication and redundancy for core data objects
- Work with the data governance team to ensure alignment of data definition, quality specifications, models and meta data management to technical implementations.
- Develops relationships with the larger development teams that promote trust and increase efficiency and effectiveness
- Participate in application validation and QA efforts as they pertain to reporting, data, metrics, and report creation and execution.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's Degree or Foreign equivalent in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Engineering or related field and 5 years of progressively responsible experience OR a Master’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Engineering or related field (foreign equivalent acceptable) and 3 years of progressively responsible experience.
- 5+ progressive years of experience in Data Warehouse, SQL scripting, SQL Tuning and Business Intelligence technologies.
- 5+ progressive years of experience in Python programming language for scripting and ETL development.
- 5+ progressive years of strong data engineering, SQL scripting and tuning experience.
- Years of progressive experience should include strong knowledge of any of the ETL tools like SSIS, Azure Data Factory, Informatica; any of the Data Modeling tools like Erwin, ER/Studio, Toad Data Modeler; any of the BI tools like SSRS, Tableau, Microsoft Power BI.
- Must be experienced in designing and implementing high performance data pipelines using Databricks for data analytics with any major cloud platform like AWS or Azure.
- Must be experienced in developing and implementing data quality and data governance standards.
- Must be experienced implementing high performing technical solutions related to ETL with large source environments and patterns related to ODS, MDM, Landing/Staging areas and EDW/Data Mart.
- Experience in managing data and analytics programs (people, process, tools) through the full lifecycle: strategic recommendation; design of experiments, testing, communication, pilot, implementation, etc.
- Knowledge of developing and maintaining formal documentation that describes the data and data structures including data modeling.
- Ability to work with senior technical and business resources providing technical guidance related to data architecture and governance.
- In-depth knowledge of IT concepts, strategies and methodologies and their application to business opportunities.
- Ability to mentor junior Data Engineers.
- Mortgage or Finance industry experience is a big plus.