OVERVIEW: Our client, a Philadelphia based non-profit is seeking a Data Analyst to join their team on a Direct Hire basis. This position is 100% remote with occasional travel onsite to headquarters in Center City Philadelphia. This Data Analyst should be well versed in the investment industry and possess strong MS Access data analysis skills. Our client is not providing sponsorship at this time. All employees must have their Covid-19 vaccination to comply with company policy.
The Data Analyst, reports to the Director, Operations & Compliance, and partners with Investment team stakeholders to define data and reporting requirements and will design and create business intelligence dashboards to support business operations and the strategic goals of the organization. The Data Analyst will present data analysis and insights and educates the Investment team in how to effectively engage in a data warehouse and data visualization environment.
What you will do:
- Gather and document data requirements from Investment team stakeholders and build out dashboards and reports to streamline work, improve data governance, and provide insight and analytics.
- Design, create, and maintain dashboards, convert requirements into sample wireframes and dashboards, and present analysis to stakeholders to gain alignment and approval.
- Collaborate with data engineers and architects to maintain, test, and validate the data pipeline for accuracy and consistency, document the data warehouse semantic layer, and create and maintain data dictionaries to reduce risk and streamline work.
- Generate monthly, quarterly, annual, and ad-hoc reporting and analysis and provide management with data analysis and insights to improve strategic decision making.
- Contribute to the Data, Reporting, and Analytics center of expertise by providing training, process documentation, and governance to maintain data warehouse and Power BI with stakeholders.
- Ten years or more of data analytical experience preferred.
- A bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree in finance, accounting, statistics, or analytics preferred.
- Experience or understanding of the investments industry and associated terminology
- An ability to work as an effective team member with excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent data visualization skills, Power BI preferred.
- Intermediate SQL to access the necessary data to develop reports, interfaces, and charts.
- Exceptional data acumen and attention to detail with an understanding of basic statistical and mathematical models.
- Basic understanding of Wireframe design and Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Advanced understanding of data and system validation methods.
- Advanced technical writing skills with an ability to develop current state versus future state documentation to streamline data redundancies.
- Experience testing and validating data during the implementation of a new system, program, or custom development change or equivalent data impact experience.
- An ability to effectively work remotely utilizing an uninterrupted internet connection.
- An ability to work on-site as needed for required training, professional development, or business needs.
- An ability to stay current and maintain a level of professional expertise in investment data analysis and operations via seminars, literature, and formal training.